Tuesday, March 18, 2008

John Lennon / Paul McCartney

Seems to be Beatles week for me:
  • Last week the American Idol contestants had to perform songs written by Lennon and/or McCartney,
  • This week they have to perform more Beatles songs,
  • And plus there was the whole divorce settlement thing for McCartney in the news. (And by the way, Mills complaining that she didn't get enough?!? If I had a tenth of what she got, that would make my decade!)
So with all that, I've been thinking about the Beatles and their music. Just listening to the range of songs chosen by the AI contestants has given me a renewed appreciation for the amazing range of styles and feels performed by the Fab Four. It's inspiring, but at the same time depressing when I think about how many songs I haven't written. Sigh...

No comments: